Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Another Quick update...

Wow... It's been a while.... there has been many things that I want to write about. So much about what I'm learning here at school. So much that I've been learning just through my own personal reading of the bible and other books..... BUT things are SOOO busy right now!!!! I've got a couple days more than two weeks before my first module ends!! I still can't believe it.

Finals and really long paged papers are illuminating with due dates, choir practice is starting Christmas music and I'm soooo ready for a long Thanksgiving break!!! :)

I'm really happy to say that I think I'm doing pretty well in all of my classes. My two speeches for my communication class went great. I got really great feedback back from my teacher and a "A" on both. I passed my 'Christian Growth and Development' midterm with and "A", although I am still waiting to get my midterm back for 'Biblical Foundations of Worship'. So now your wondering, (or at least I would be wondering if I was reading this) "Why are you telling me this, Jess?"

The reason I'm telling you all this is because a lot of you have invested in me coming out here with both your prayers and your money. I need and want you to know that I'm working really hard to make all of you proud. I'm working to get good grades. I didn't move all the way out here to just barely pass. That isn't what I'm striving for and I need you to know that.

I did have a job interview at the YMCA in Monument (which is a town just north of Colorado Springs) It was a group interview and I think it went pretty well. It's working in the "Kids Zone" which is just a program somewhat like a day care that is provided to members of the YMCA while the children's parents workout. It's perfect hours for my schedule and good enough pay. I'm still waiting to hear back from them as to whether I got the job or not so please just keep this in your prayers.

The weather has been absolutely wonderful!!!!! I had my very first two snow days last Wednesday and Thursday. I got to sleep in and snuggle with my pillows and read and watch movies. That's something that I'm not really used to and I've got to say that it has been such a blessing to just spend time with myself. By Friday though, I needed to get out of the house! Me and two of my friends, Kayla and Lara had a sleepover and Saturday morning me and Kayla learned to do Michael Jackson's "Thriller" dance at the YMCA!! hahaha Great Halloween morning!

Thanks again for all of your prayers and comments on facebook. It's so great to know that I have an amazing church family that hasn't forgotten me!!! :)

I'm looking forward to coming home and spending time with all of you.

Love you and I will see you in exactly 16 days!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment