Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wow....

For a long time last night, that is all I could think.....Wow...

Do you ever have those moments when a light bulb goes on over your head and you grasp hold of a concept and you just sit there and....wow!

I had one of those moments last night. I got the opportunity to lead worship last night and I ended up pulling the song "Amazed". Church started and we went throught the set, people were worshipping and we get to the second chorus in "Amazed" and it says : You paint the morning sky, with miracles in mind, my hope will always stand, cause you hold me in your hand"

I got goosebumps when we sang the last line, so much so, that I had to sing it again, "My hope will always stand, cause you hold me in your hand"

I got this picture in my head, it was me, as tiny as could be sitting in this HUGE hand, just me sitting cross-legged in the palm of Jesus' hand.

Worship ended and we went on with the rest of service. The scriptures that Pastor spoke on was Philippians 4:6 and Matthew 6:25-34. As I read those scriptures, I thought about the picture that I saw as I was singing...."My hope will always stand, cause you hold me in your hand".

I really think that God is trying to tell us something. We live in a scary world, where people are losing jobs, families are falling apart, children are growing up before they are supposed to. It's natural for us to worry about things everyday. But in his word, God says, "Do not worry"
I especially like the Matthew 6:30, "And if God cares so wonderfully for the wildflowers that are her today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you, why do you have so little faith"? That verse alone was a "WOW" moment for me. If you think about it, flowers are beautful for a few days at most, and then they are gone, but God still cares "wonderfully" for them. How can we as human beings that were created in his image, think that he wont take care of us?


This post didn't really have much to do with Colorado, and there will probably be a few posts like this, me just sharing something that God is revealing in my life. To me it was just confirmation of my pervious blog post. God is good. All the time.

My prayer for you today would be that you will have"WOW" moments like these. That he will continuously amaze you everyday, through even the littlest things.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!!! Reading this for me was one of those Wow moments Jess. It brought tears to my eyes. I love that song and your words just make it all clear .. God is AMAZING!!!! Thanks for sharing...Love you :)Karen

    ReplyDelete