Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Even though it's too late...I'm sorry...

Today someone that I've known for a long time, died. Death in itself is tragic, I've been through enough of them to know. But this one hurt in a way that I've not known. Unfortunately, I can't say that I cared about this person the way I should have. 

We hear and talk so much about how we should be a people who care for others, despite their faults. But in reality we don't. We live our lives like we are better than others, better than the people who don't know as much as we do or act like we do, or like the same things we do. And we think that because they walk away from us, it's their fault. Today was a realization for me. It wasn't their fault they walked away. It was mine. If I had treated them like the person that they were, maybe things would be different. Maybe a life could have been saved. I don't know why this happened. I don't know what God has planned for this. 

But there is something that I have been challenged with. I want God to give me the desire to love people. Not just say that I love people, but truly love people, with no conditions. And not just my friends, but also the people that have hurt me and have annoyed me. I want to love the people that make it hard to love. 

I hope I never have this feeling again... I hope that maybe this blog post will reach someone and they won't ever have to feel this either....

And that's where this one ends....

Even though it's too late.....I'm sorry.....




1 comment:

  1. Jessica .. I am so sorry for the hurt that you are feeling. What a tragic loss this is for family and friends of Josette. Your thoughts are very true. All we can do now is get better at loving people. Thanks for the great word.

    Love ya,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete