Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Birthday Reminders


It's 8am.. and I already have 28 people on facebook telling me happy birthday.

Seriously, this was unexpected. I've been so focused on the fact that I don't have many friends in my life. That I need to be sociable. (I still do, I haven't forgotten that) But leave it to God to use my birthday to show me that while I may not speak to these people every single day, I still have people in my life who love me. People, who if needed would be there for me in a heartbeat.

Just a reminder that it's not about the quantity of people you have in your life. It's about the quality of people in your life.


bonne fĂȘte - French for 'Happy Birthday



1 comment:

  1. I was about 7 years into my prison experience when I realized I had a problem socializing with normal people. I was in visiting with my wife, when at the microwave a old lady said hello in a friendly way. I crawled behind my little wife to hide. That night I thought, "Here I am speaking in front of crowds of 100s of people (drug addicts, gang members, etc.)at our church events, yet I couldn't even speak to a little ole lady." I vowed to develop my social skills. I looked around and thought again, "There is a reason why God has given me over 300 roommates (I lived in a dorm.) The Scriptures teach that Jesus grew in four areas: intelectually, physically, spiritually and SOCIALLY (Luke 2:52). My dad still says I need to be more social......lol...-bw

    ReplyDelete