Monday, December 6, 2010

Writing, Writing, Writing....


I've been writing a lot lately. I would love to be able to say that I'm writing songs and I'll have somewhat of a record out soon. I would love to say that... but I can't. I can't even say that I have one song written. But here is what I can say. I can say that I have A LOT of ideas down on paper/white board/mirror. I have full size closet mirrors and they are covered in white board markers! lol I find I write better that way. I feel like I'm coming up on moments that God is going to start giving me words for songs. My heart's desire is to be able to write worship music and share it with whoever will listen. My heart's desire is to write songs that will open people up to God's presence. Songs that will allow God to completely wreck people's lives in ways that only he can! Even as I write this I get soooo excited for God to swoop in and use me in whatever crazy ways he has planned.
The only way I feel like I can be ready for that is to just write. Anything that comes into my mind, I quickly write down. I've been journaling more in the last few months than I have in my entire life.

*Quick note on that.*
I've never been one to consistently journal. Ever. But in High School, when I was going through hard times, either dealing with the loss of my brother, or dealing with the teenage heartbreak from a boy, I would sit in class and I would write. Whatever pain or anger my heart was feeling, would come out in those writings. Since I was never someone who could express those feelings by way of my mouth, I would write them all down. And I would lock them up in a box somewhere cause I just knew that one day I would be able to look back at those and see how I had grown and realize what I learned. Last Wednesday I was able to read over some stuff from then, and I was able to take parts of it and use it in another part of a song. It was another reason for me to be completely open to whatever God has planned for me in the next few months/years/lifetime. It also makes me more motivated to write now, so that I can look back in a few years at these moments in my life and use them all over again!

I know that my last few posts have been about my baking life and all the fun I'm having with that. Please know that God is still working in my life, I'm still living my life in his footsteps as best as I know how.

Keep me in prayer as I'm work on my writing. Please pray that God will give me ideas and words to songs that will speak for him. That's all I'll ever want in my music.

I love all of you so much.

*Jess*

P.s. - I heard something today that stuck with me. Of course I wrote it down on my handy-dandy white board mirror. :) For those of you like me who can't always speak the write words:

"Sometimes people write what they can't say"

Write away people. Write away.

No comments:

Post a Comment